Let us begin with last Saturday. A little over a week ago, we went to Kentucky to visit my family. The five of us visited with my dad (& Kim), my grandpa and my great grandmother. Here are the three munchkins with my great grandmother (age 91); we enjoyed sweet conversation and fellowship with her.
On Monday, Michael left on a business trip, and the real excitement began!
On Monday evening, I thought a trip to Target would be fun... well, not so much.The circumstances: Jane sits in the front of the cart -- strapped in. Claire sits in the basket of the shopping cart. Rory walks alongside me. I stop to look at an item. Before turning back, I push the cart. I look ahead just in time to see Claire - who has stood up in the basket - flipping over the end of the red Target shopping cart... When I pushed the cart, Claire lost balance and fell over onto the cement floor of our local SuperTarget. Here is the result.
Remember, Michael is out of town. The time is 7:15. She is clearly hurt. In fact, the bump on her head seems to grow, and she is cradling her wrist. What do I do? The girls and I get home at 7:30. I put Jane to bed. I, then, ask my neighbor if she would simply come over while Rory and Jane slept. She graciously agreed. Rory went off to bed while Claire and I made our way to the ER. We arrive at 8:30 pm.
At this point, Claire is calm, even playful. In fact, I couldn't have imagined a better patient. She smiles as we wait for the upcoming X-rays.
Thankfully, her head was unharmed - at least internally. Sadly, though, Claire did injur her wrist; she has a "buckle fracture". Below you can see the temporary splint and sling that our injured swan was made to wear.
Suprisingly, she is quite able...even with injury. We even enjoyed a walk the following day.



2 comments:
I'm so glad she did so well (for her sake and for yours). It's great to see pictures. She is looking so old! It's hard to believe that she's almost three.
I was just thinking yesterday how I didn't see you guys at church, and no idea of this fun little adventure (or trauma :)). Glad she's doing ok!!
Post a Comment