Friday, June 12, 2009

Clumsy Claire

While I dislike the word "clumsy", it is truly the only appropriate word for my sweet, second daughter. Claire is quite a funny, tender little girl...who happens to fall down...ALOT.

I do not have a photo of her worst injury to date (a gooseegg, the size of a golf ball, on her head) wherein she slammed into a glass wall.

However, the first few pics show a very close second... As Claire and Rory were running after Daddy, Claire lost her footing and took a nosedive into the ground. Her nose was bloody, swollen and bruised; in fact, Michael and I thought it might have been broken. Thankfully, this was not the case, and her nose returned to average size. :)








Her legs are covered with scrapes and bruises. Actually, these, for Claire are badges of honor. She and Rory often count to see who has the most "boo-boos"; usually, Claire wins -- hands down.


And, finally, coming in at a distant third, is Claire's bloody, split lip. This injury only made her lips swell a bit... and, hey, isn't that the trendy look for the times?



All in all, I think she might be a pretty tough little lady... if she makes it past childhood.

No comments: